13.7.15

I'm back!

Around three years ago I spontaneously decided to start blogging, purely for my own enjoyment and never being too bothered about my follower count or if I was getting any exposure at all. I just loved reading all types of blogs, created by all types of people all over the world and therefore decided to jump into the blogging world myself.
After just a few months of solid blogging however, my motivation to write posts or even think of ideas vanished and I deserted both my decision to blog and this page. At the time I put my lack of enthusiasm down to stress over uni work, believing that running a regular blog alongside studying towards my degree wasn't particularly helpful for me and would most likely just add extra pressure to my everyday life. Since then though I have realised that the true problem was actually in the content I was posting, or more specifically, the topics I was focusing on. Don't get me wrong, I'm still massively enthusiastic about reading beauty and fashion blogs and do so on a daily basis; there are many I look forward to updating and I'm so happy that blogs have become such a huge phenomenon in the modern world that they influence normal peoples' decisions on such products. Writing about such topics myself however wasn't enjoyable for me deep down and I couldn't shake the feeling that I didn't possess much knowledge on what I was reviewing. 
Hopefully though, this refreshed version of my original blog will be different; I have promised myself that I will only post content that reflects my enthusiasm about the topic. The world of social media itself, therefore including blogging, has recently become of great interest to me after focusing my dissertation on the way it has influenced our language use. I studied English Language and Communication at uni (a couple of weeks ago I found out I'll be graduating with a 2.1 in September, mental!) and so could have chosen anything related to linguistics or communication to write a hefty 10,000 words about, and in the end I chose social media. Consequently, you can expect to see a large amount of posts discussing social media as I resume posts and luckily I already have a plethora of ideas in relation to this. I'll also be hopefully posting about other fields that I enjoy, such as music, television and cooking, to name just a few.
Who knows how my revamp of my blog will go yet, but I'm hoping that this second time around I will at least genuinely enjoy the blogging process, and if I can entertain and inspire readers whilst doing so that'll be a bonus!

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment